Remembering David Crosby, An Inside Look At The Legendary Musician
David Crosby is a legendary singer, songwriter and guitarist who has had a profound impact on the music industry. He was born on August 14, 1941 in Los Angeles, California and began his career in the 1960s as a member of the folk-rock band The Byrds.
Crosby’s time with The Byrds was marked by a string of hit songs such as “Mr. Tambourine Man,” “Turn! Turn! Turn!,” and “Eight Miles High.” He helped to introduce elements of folk and psychedelic music to the rock scene and contributed to the band’s signature harmonies.
After leaving The Byrds in 1967, Crosby formed the band Crosby, Stills, Nash & Young with Stephen Stills, Graham Nash, and Neil Young. The group released several albums, including the critically acclaimed “Déjà Vu,” which featured the hit song “Our House” and “Teach Your Children.” Their single “Ohio” was a protest song against the Kent State shootings.
Throughout the 1970s and 1980s, Crosby continued to collaborate with various artists and released several solo albums. In 1991, he was inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame as a member of The Byrds and Crosby, Stills, Nash & Young.
Crosby’s personal life has been marked by controversy, including drug addiction and legal troubles. He has been arrested multiple times, including for drug possession and weapons charges. Despite these challenges, he has continued to make music and tour.
In recent years, Crosby has continued to tour and release new music. He released his latest album, “Here If You Listen” in 2018. He has been open about his struggles with addiction and has been a vocal advocate for drug policy reform.
David Crosby is considered one of the most influential musicians of the 20th century, and his contributions to the music industry have been recognized with numerous awards and accolades. He continues to tour and perform, and his music continues to inspire new generations of musicians and fans.
David Crosby passed away on January 18, 2021. He was a pioneer in the music industry, known for his work with The Byrds and Crosby, Stills, Nash & Young. He helped to introduce elements of folk and psychedelic music to the rock scene and contributed to the band’s signature harmonies. He also had a successful solo career, releasing several albums and collaborating with various artists.
Crosby was known for his unique and distinctive voice and his intricate guitar playing. He was a true artist, who not only wrote and performed his own music, but also produced and arranged it. He was also an advocate for various causes such as drug policy reform, and in the recent years, he was dedicated to promote new music and young artist.
Crosby’s impact on the music industry is undeniable and his legacy will live on through his music and the countless artists he has influenced. He will be remembered as a true icon of rock and roll, and his music will continue to be enjoyed for years to come.
Kwami Fortune Recorded Among 2023 Best 50 Bloggers In Ghana
Kwami Fortune Recorded Among 2023 Best 50 Bloggers In Ghana
AMG Deuces joins Pizzaman-Chickenman
AMG Deuces joins Pizzaman-Chickenman
On Tuesday, September 5, 2023, at their headquarters in Osu, Pizzaman-Chickenman proudly introduced Ghanaian social media star AMG Deuces as the new brand ambassador.
Since it began doing business in Ghana in 2020, Pizzaman Chickeman has become a popular among Ghanaians.
Their menu offers a wide variety of choices, from different pizza variants to their well-known jollof and fried rice from Ghana.
AMG Deuces offers the brand a new and exciting perspective because of its active involvement in the social media and entertainment worlds.
We are thrilled to have AMG Deuces join the Pizzaman-Chickenman family as our brand ambassador. This relationship is expected to increase Pizzaman-Chickenman’s visibility and reach within the Ghanaian market and beyond.
Everything is love over here. Nii Antiye Amoo Quaye, Head of Marketing & Branding, Pizzaman-Chickenman, expressed his excitement for spending time with you and your fans.
I’m absolutely happy to be working with Pizzaman-Chickenman on this project, he said when questioned about it.
It has always been a desire of mine to work for a large organization like Pizzaman-Chikenman. They aim for perfection in all areas of their profession, just like in the kitchen, and I can really relate to that. We’ll create something exceptional together! AMG Deuces reported.
Stay tuned as Pizzaman-Chickenman and AMG Deuces embark on this exciting journey together, creating delicious memories and fostering a deeper connection with the vibrant Ghanaian food culture.
Customers can order by calling their hotline; 0302753430 or texting them via Whatsapp on 0553871228. Check out their menu via menu.ceqalimited.com
For more information about PizzaMan-ChickenMan’s reach out to them on their Social media platforms; Instagram – @pizzamanchickenman , Twitter – @pizzamanghana , Facebook – Pizzaman ChickenMan , TikTok – @pizzamanchickenman_ , Threads – @pizzamanchickenman
Avance Media’s 2023 Top 100 Ghanaian Women Board Directors
Avance Media has released their list of 2023’s Top 100 Ghanaian Women Board Directors
Avance Media, the top PR and ratings company in Africa, has released the Top 100 Ghanaian Women Board Directors list for 2023.
This innovative program strives to draw attention to the outstanding achievements made by women who have excelled in their respective fields via excellent leadership, creativity, and impact.
The Top 100 Ghana’s Women Board Directors were chosen through a rigorous selection process that took into account a wide range of factors, including experience, education, longevity on the board, industry knowledge, leadership skills, remarkable effect, honors and recognition, as well as public visibility.
According to the study, women hold 28% of board posts in Ghana, which is more than the 20% global average for such positions as reported by The Harvard Law School Forum on Corporate Governance. Only 10 of the 52 Ghanaian companies featured in the survey had women serving as board chairperson, according to the report’s findings. Notably, 42% of the list’s female members are board members of banks.
The debut of the Ghana Board Diversity Awards was one of the event’s high points. The Best Gender-Inclusive Board (Private) was awarded to Media General, while the Best Gender-Inclusive Board (Public) was won by Exim Bank Ghana and the Ghana Revenue Authority. These honors highlight the efforts Ghanaian businesses have made to promote gender diversity in their leadership structures.
The unveiling, which took place at the SB Incubator in Accra on August 14th, 2023 in Accra also featured an engaging panel discussion hosted by Prince Akpah on the pivotal role of women in board leadership. Esteemed panellists included Board Chair of Old Mutual Ghana, Hellen Amarquaye; President / Council Chair of the Institute of Directors-Ghan, Rev. (Mrs.) Angela Carmen Appiah (FIoD); and CEO of Acreaty Ghana, Elsie Appau-Klu. Their insights illuminated the significance of women’s contributions to effective corporate governance.
On the sidelines of the event, Prince Akpah, Founder of Avance Media, remarked, “The Top 100 Ghana’s Women Board Directors list is a testament to the remarkable achievements of women leaders who continue to pave the way for others. Their dedication, expertise, and impact are instrumental in shaping the future of corporate leadership in Ghana. We believe that celebrating their accomplishments will inspire more gender-inclusive boardrooms and contribute to a diverse and prosperous business landscape.”
The initiative is a creation of PR and rating firm, Avance Media with partnerships from Acreaty Ghana, Institute of Directors-Ghana (IoD-Gh), Business and Financial Times (BFT), EdwardsAsare.com, and Words Magazine.
Profiles of the women are published on www.avancemedia.org/gwbd
Below is the full list of Avance Media’s Top 100 Ghana’s Women Board Directors for 2023
- Abena Amoah || Central Securities Depository
- Abena Osei-Poku || Ghana Stock Exchange (c)
- Abiola Bawuah || UBA Ghana
- Adelaide Ahwireng || Ghana Revenue Authority
- Adwoa Nyantakyiwa Annan || Fidelity Bank Ghana
- Afua Adubea Koranteng || OmniBSIC Bank Limited
- Afua Asabea Asare (Dr.) || Exim Bank Ghana
- Afua Djimi || Consolidated Bank Ghana Ltd.
- Akua Kuenyehia (Prof) || SC Bank Ghana
- Akyaa Afreh Arhin Addo-Kufuor || OmniBSIC Bank Limited
- Ama Boafo-Arthur (Dr.) || Graphic Communications Group
- Ama Gyamfuah Abrefa || Ghana National Petroleum Corporation
- Ama Sarpong Bawuah || Access Bank Ghana (c)
- Ama Serwah Nerquaye Tetteh || Ghana Broadcasting Corporation
- Angela Forson || GOIL Ghana
- Angela Kyerematen-Jimoh || Bank of Ghana
- Angela Lamensdorf Ofori-Atta (Prof) || EnteRprise Group
- Angela Peasah || Unilever Ghana PLC
- Augustina Amakye (Dr.) || First Atlantic Bank
- Beatrice Bridget Ofei || First National Bank Ghana
- Benonita Bismarck || GCNET
- Carlien Dorcas Bou-Chedid (Ing.) || Electricity Company of Ghana
- Catherine Quaidoo || Exim Bank Ghana
- Christina Sutherland || SIC Insurance Company PLC
- Comfort Ocran || Bank of Ghana
- Cynthia Forson (Dr.) || Cal Bank
- Dela Obeng-Sakyi || Ghana Revenue Authority
- Edith Dankwa (Dr.) || Unilever Ghana PLC
- Edith Uyovbukerhi || Old Mutual Ghana
- Efua Ghartey || Ghana Broadcasting Corporation
- Efua Preba Arkaah Greenstreet || Prudential Insurance
- Elaine Sam || Media General
- Elizabeth Akua Ohene || SSNIT (c)
- Elsie Addo Awadzi || Bank of Ghana
- Esi Tawia Addo-Ashong || Stanbic Bank Ghana (c)
- Estelle Akofio-Sowah || Stanbic Bank Ghana
- Ethel Cofie || Old Mutual Ghana
- Eva Mends || Ghana Revenue Authority
- Evelyn Duku || UMB Bank
- Florence Larbi || Jospong Group
- Frances Adu-Mante || Absa Bank Ghana (c)
- Freda Yahan Duplan || Zenith Bank (c)
- Gloria Adjoa Owusu || Consolidated Bank Ghana Ltd.
- Gloria Irene Amaki Payida || SSNIT
- Grace Amey-Obeng || Media General
- Hannah Brenda Amoateng || FBNBank Ghana
- Helen Amarquaye || Old Mutual Ghana (c)
- Helen Nankani || Cal Bank
- Irene Baaba Hagan || GT Bank Ghana
- Ivy Betur Naaso || SSNIT
- Ivy Ruby Austin || Graphic Communications Group
- Janet Akosua Gyasiwaa || Volta River Authority
- Joyce Agyeman Attafuah || BOST
- Joyce Rosalind Aryee (Dr.) || Volta River Authority
- Juliana Addo-Yobo || Prudential Bank Limited
- Juliana Asante || Societe Generale Ghana
- Juliette Modupe Tuakli (Dr.) || Zenith Bank
- Karen Akiwumi-Tanoh || Prudential Insurance
- Laurette Korkor Otchere || Societe Generale Ghana
- Lisa Afua Serwah Mensah || Fidelity Bank Ghana
- Lydia Essah || GCB Bank
- Lynn Allotey Gadzekpo || National Investment Bank Limited
- Maata Opare || Electricity Company of Ghana
- Mabel A. Amoatemaa Sarpong || GOIL Ghana
- Magdalene Harley || Donewell Insurance
- Maidie Elizabeth Arkutu || GT Bank Ghana
- Mansa Nettey || Zen Petroleum
- Margaret Boateng Sekyere || Societe Generale Ghana (c)
- Margaret Ekua Prah || Ghana Investment Promotion Council
- Marian Barnor || Multimedia Ghana
- Mary Boakye || Development Bank Ghana
- Maureen Abla Amematekpor || Consolidated Bank Ghana Ltd.
- Muriel Susan Edusei || Prudential Bank Limited (c)
- Naana Nsafoah Sarpong || Electricity Company of Ghana
- Nana Adwoa Dokua || COCOBOD
- Nana Ama Ayensua Saara III || GCB Bank
- Nana Ama Botchway || MTN Ghana
- Nana Ama Tima Boakye || Bui Power Authority
- Nana Yaa Owusu-Ansah || Unilever Ghana PLC
- Nora Bannerman Abbott || Ghana Investment Promotion Council
- Olivia Frimpong Kwapong (Prof) || Graphic Communications Group (c)
- Pamela Djamson-Tettey || SIC Insurance Company PLC
- Patience Akyianu || Ecobank Ghana
- Patience Asante || First Atlantic Bank
- Pearl Nkrumah || Access Bank Ghana
- Rebecca Acquaah-Arhin (Dr.) || Bui Power Authority
- Rebecca Lomo Atswei || Starlife Assurance
- Regina Ohene-Darko Adutwum (Dr.) || Bank of Ghana
- Rosalind Nana Emela Kainyah || Cal Bank
- Rosemary Beryl Archer || Ghana Free Zones Authority
- Rosemary Yeboah || Ecobank Ghana
- Rosie Ebe Arthur || MTN Ghana
- Rosy Fynn || First National Bank Ghana
- Sarah-Mary Frimpong || Stanbic Bank Ghana
- Susana Alo (Dr.) || Ghana Free Zones Authority
- Teresa Effie Cooke || OmniBSIC Bank Limited
- Thelma Efua Quaye || First Atlantic Bank
- Theresa Afua Ayoade || Ghana Infrastructure Investment Fund
- Victoria Barth || Prudential Bank Limited
- Yvette Adounvo Atekpe || Access Bank Ghana