Avance Media has released their list of 2023’s Top 100 Ghanaian Women Board Directors
Avance Media, the top PR and ratings company in Africa, has released the Top 100 Ghanaian Women Board Directors list for 2023.
This innovative program strives to draw attention to the outstanding achievements made by women who have excelled in their respective fields via excellent leadership, creativity, and impact.
The Top 100 Ghana’s Women Board Directors were chosen through a rigorous selection process that took into account a wide range of factors, including experience, education, longevity on the board, industry knowledge, leadership skills, remarkable effect, honors and recognition, as well as public visibility.
According to the study, women hold 28% of board posts in Ghana, which is more than the 20% global average for such positions as reported by The Harvard Law School Forum on Corporate Governance. Only 10 of the 52 Ghanaian companies featured in the survey had women serving as board chairperson, according to the report’s findings. Notably, 42% of the list’s female members are board members of banks.
The debut of the Ghana Board Diversity Awards was one of the event’s high points. The Best Gender-Inclusive Board (Private) was awarded to Media General, while the Best Gender-Inclusive Board (Public) was won by Exim Bank Ghana and the Ghana Revenue Authority. These honors highlight the efforts Ghanaian businesses have made to promote gender diversity in their leadership structures.
The unveiling, which took place at the SB Incubator in Accra on August 14th, 2023 in Accra also featured an engaging panel discussion hosted by Prince Akpah on the pivotal role of women in board leadership. Esteemed panellists included Board Chair of Old Mutual Ghana, Hellen Amarquaye; President / Council Chair of the Institute of Directors-Ghan, Rev. (Mrs.) Angela Carmen Appiah (FIoD); and CEO of Acreaty Ghana, Elsie Appau-Klu. Their insights illuminated the significance of women’s contributions to effective corporate governance.
On the sidelines of the event, Prince Akpah, Founder of Avance Media, remarked, “The Top 100 Ghana’s Women Board Directors list is a testament to the remarkable achievements of women leaders who continue to pave the way for others. Their dedication, expertise, and impact are instrumental in shaping the future of corporate leadership in Ghana. We believe that celebrating their accomplishments will inspire more gender-inclusive boardrooms and contribute to a diverse and prosperous business landscape.”
The initiative is a creation of PR and rating firm, Avance Media with partnerships from Acreaty Ghana, Institute of Directors-Ghana (IoD-Gh), Business and Financial Times (BFT), EdwardsAsare.com, and Words Magazine.
Profiles of the women are published on www.avancemedia.org/gwbd
Below is the full list of Avance Media’s Top 100 Ghana’s Women Board Directors for 2023
- Abena Amoah || Central Securities Depository
- Abena Osei-Poku || Ghana Stock Exchange (c)
- Abiola Bawuah || UBA Ghana
- Adelaide Ahwireng || Ghana Revenue Authority
- Adwoa Nyantakyiwa Annan || Fidelity Bank Ghana
- Afua Adubea Koranteng || OmniBSIC Bank Limited
- Afua Asabea Asare (Dr.) || Exim Bank Ghana
- Afua Djimi || Consolidated Bank Ghana Ltd.
- Akua Kuenyehia (Prof) || SC Bank Ghana
- Akyaa Afreh Arhin Addo-Kufuor || OmniBSIC Bank Limited
- Ama Boafo-Arthur (Dr.) || Graphic Communications Group
- Ama Gyamfuah Abrefa || Ghana National Petroleum Corporation
- Ama Sarpong Bawuah || Access Bank Ghana (c)
- Ama Serwah Nerquaye Tetteh || Ghana Broadcasting Corporation
- Angela Forson || GOIL Ghana
- Angela Kyerematen-Jimoh || Bank of Ghana
- Angela Lamensdorf Ofori-Atta (Prof) || EnteRprise Group
- Angela Peasah || Unilever Ghana PLC
- Augustina Amakye (Dr.) || First Atlantic Bank
- Beatrice Bridget Ofei || First National Bank Ghana
- Benonita Bismarck || GCNET
- Carlien Dorcas Bou-Chedid (Ing.) || Electricity Company of Ghana
- Catherine Quaidoo || Exim Bank Ghana
- Christina Sutherland || SIC Insurance Company PLC
- Comfort Ocran || Bank of Ghana
- Cynthia Forson (Dr.) || Cal Bank
- Dela Obeng-Sakyi || Ghana Revenue Authority
- Edith Dankwa (Dr.) || Unilever Ghana PLC
- Edith Uyovbukerhi || Old Mutual Ghana
- Efua Ghartey || Ghana Broadcasting Corporation
- Efua Preba Arkaah Greenstreet || Prudential Insurance
- Elaine Sam || Media General
- Elizabeth Akua Ohene || SSNIT (c)
- Elsie Addo Awadzi || Bank of Ghana
- Esi Tawia Addo-Ashong || Stanbic Bank Ghana (c)
- Estelle Akofio-Sowah || Stanbic Bank Ghana
- Ethel Cofie || Old Mutual Ghana
- Eva Mends || Ghana Revenue Authority
- Evelyn Duku || UMB Bank
- Florence Larbi || Jospong Group
- Frances Adu-Mante || Absa Bank Ghana (c)
- Freda Yahan Duplan || Zenith Bank (c)
- Gloria Adjoa Owusu || Consolidated Bank Ghana Ltd.
- Gloria Irene Amaki Payida || SSNIT
- Grace Amey-Obeng || Media General
- Hannah Brenda Amoateng || FBNBank Ghana
- Helen Amarquaye || Old Mutual Ghana (c)
- Helen Nankani || Cal Bank
- Irene Baaba Hagan || GT Bank Ghana
- Ivy Betur Naaso || SSNIT
- Ivy Ruby Austin || Graphic Communications Group
- Janet Akosua Gyasiwaa || Volta River Authority
- Joyce Agyeman Attafuah || BOST
- Joyce Rosalind Aryee (Dr.) || Volta River Authority
- Juliana Addo-Yobo || Prudential Bank Limited
- Juliana Asante || Societe Generale Ghana
- Juliette Modupe Tuakli (Dr.) || Zenith Bank
- Karen Akiwumi-Tanoh || Prudential Insurance
- Laurette Korkor Otchere || Societe Generale Ghana
- Lisa Afua Serwah Mensah || Fidelity Bank Ghana
- Lydia Essah || GCB Bank
- Lynn Allotey Gadzekpo || National Investment Bank Limited
- Maata Opare || Electricity Company of Ghana
- Mabel A. Amoatemaa Sarpong || GOIL Ghana
- Magdalene Harley || Donewell Insurance
- Maidie Elizabeth Arkutu || GT Bank Ghana
- Mansa Nettey || Zen Petroleum
- Margaret Boateng Sekyere || Societe Generale Ghana (c)
- Margaret Ekua Prah || Ghana Investment Promotion Council
- Marian Barnor || Multimedia Ghana
- Mary Boakye || Development Bank Ghana
- Maureen Abla Amematekpor || Consolidated Bank Ghana Ltd.
- Muriel Susan Edusei || Prudential Bank Limited (c)
- Naana Nsafoah Sarpong || Electricity Company of Ghana
- Nana Adwoa Dokua || COCOBOD
- Nana Ama Ayensua Saara III || GCB Bank
- Nana Ama Botchway || MTN Ghana
- Nana Ama Tima Boakye || Bui Power Authority
- Nana Yaa Owusu-Ansah || Unilever Ghana PLC
- Nora Bannerman Abbott || Ghana Investment Promotion Council
- Olivia Frimpong Kwapong (Prof) || Graphic Communications Group (c)
- Pamela Djamson-Tettey || SIC Insurance Company PLC
- Patience Akyianu || Ecobank Ghana
- Patience Asante || First Atlantic Bank
- Pearl Nkrumah || Access Bank Ghana
- Rebecca Acquaah-Arhin (Dr.) || Bui Power Authority
- Rebecca Lomo Atswei || Starlife Assurance
- Regina Ohene-Darko Adutwum (Dr.) || Bank of Ghana
- Rosalind Nana Emela Kainyah || Cal Bank
- Rosemary Beryl Archer || Ghana Free Zones Authority
- Rosemary Yeboah || Ecobank Ghana
- Rosie Ebe Arthur || MTN Ghana
- Rosy Fynn || First National Bank Ghana
- Sarah-Mary Frimpong || Stanbic Bank Ghana
- Susana Alo (Dr.) || Ghana Free Zones Authority
- Teresa Effie Cooke || OmniBSIC Bank Limited
- Thelma Efua Quaye || First Atlantic Bank
- Theresa Afua Ayoade || Ghana Infrastructure Investment Fund
- Victoria Barth || Prudential Bank Limited
- Yvette Adounvo Atekpe || Access Bank Ghana
AMG Deuces joins Pizzaman-Chickenman
AMG Deuces joins Pizzaman-Chickenman
On Tuesday, September 5, 2023, at their headquarters in Osu, Pizzaman-Chickenman proudly introduced Ghanaian social media star AMG Deuces as the new brand ambassador.
Since it began doing business in Ghana in 2020, Pizzaman Chickeman has become a popular among Ghanaians.
Their menu offers a wide variety of choices, from different pizza variants to their well-known jollof and fried rice from Ghana.
AMG Deuces offers the brand a new and exciting perspective because of its active involvement in the social media and entertainment worlds.
We are thrilled to have AMG Deuces join the Pizzaman-Chickenman family as our brand ambassador. This relationship is expected to increase Pizzaman-Chickenman’s visibility and reach within the Ghanaian market and beyond.
Everything is love over here. Nii Antiye Amoo Quaye, Head of Marketing & Branding, Pizzaman-Chickenman, expressed his excitement for spending time with you and your fans.
I’m absolutely happy to be working with Pizzaman-Chickenman on this project, he said when questioned about it.
It has always been a desire of mine to work for a large organization like Pizzaman-Chikenman. They aim for perfection in all areas of their profession, just like in the kitchen, and I can really relate to that. We’ll create something exceptional together! AMG Deuces reported.
Stay tuned as Pizzaman-Chickenman and AMG Deuces embark on this exciting journey together, creating delicious memories and fostering a deeper connection with the vibrant Ghanaian food culture.
Customers can order by calling their hotline; 0302753430 or texting them via Whatsapp on 0553871228. Check out their menu via menu.ceqalimited.com
For more information about PizzaMan-ChickenMan’s reach out to them on their Social media platforms; Instagram – @pizzamanchickenman , Twitter – @pizzamanghana , Facebook – Pizzaman ChickenMan , TikTok – @pizzamanchickenman_ , Threads – @pizzamanchickenman
Prince Akpah and ABD Traore Launch New Media WKND
Prince Akpah and ABD Traore Launch New Media WKND
In a landmark collaboration that signals a new era for the advancement of the new media landscape in Africa, Avance Media’s founder, Prince Akpah, and WatsUp TV Founder & CEO, ABD Traore, have announced the launch of New Media WKND.
This first-of-its-kind three-day conference is set to take place in November 2023 and promises to significantly contribute to the development of the new media industry on the continent.
As a conference, New Media WKND aims to provide an all-encompassing platform for tech geeks, industry experts, influencers, and professionals to converge, exchange insights, connect and form alliances that will boost the new media industry forward.
According to Avance Media Managing Director, Prince Akpah, with the ever-evolving digital landscape in the world and burgeoning industry in Africa, the New Media WKND conference is strategically designed to address the latest trends, cutting-edge technologies, and best practices in digital technology innovations, artificial intelligence, social media and algorithms, digital communication, blogging, content creation, and monetization.
“This event will highlight the present state of the industry but also about envisioning its future possibilities,” he said.
On his part, founder of WatsUp TV, ABD Traore, highlighted the objective of the New Media WKND to bring together tech and digital media enthusiasts from across the African continent.
“The conference will host a myriad of engaging activities, including enlightening presentations, thought-provoking panel discussions, interactive workshops, and captivating exhibitions.
Attendees will also have the unique opportunity to network with industry influencers and celebrities, fostering valuable connections and collaborations.”
In a move that underscores the event’s commitment to accessibility and connectivity, New Media WKND will offer free WiFi to all participants, ensuring seamless engagement throughout the conference.
Additionally, the event will facilitate discussions with government agencies, providing them with insights into how they can better support their members in navigating the ever-evolving new media WKND
New Media WKND is a pivotal event that signifies the dawn of a new era in the African media landscape. With its comprehensive approach to exploring and harnessing the potential of new media, this conference is poised to be a catalyst for innovation and progress.
For more information and registration visit www.newmediawknd.com
Prince Akpah will represent Ghana at the SHAPE Africa Conference in South Africa in 2023
Prince Akpah will represent Ghana at the SHAPE Africa Conference in South Africa in 2023.
The World Economic Forum’s Global Shapers Community is all set to host SHAPE Africa in South Africa, and among the distinguished participants representing Ghana is Prince Akpah, an influential figure in media, public relations, and youth empowerment. As a proud member of the Global Shapers Dodowa Hub, Prince Akpah will be attending this prestigious event scheduled from the 28th to the 30th of July at the esteemed African Leadership Academy.
SHAPE Africa aims to delve into the theme of “Shaping a Future-Ready African Youth: How to Leverage Technology to Change Outcomes for Young Africans.” With technology and innovation driving growth in African economies, the conference will provide a platform for young African leaders to explore ways to use technology for teaching, reskilling, and empowering the youth to address the challenges faced by their communities.
The event will feature insightful discussions and knowledge-sharing sessions led by Global Shapers, highlighting the transformative potential of technology in shaping a better future for Africa’s young generation.
Prince Akpah’s credentials as the founding managing director of Avance Media, a rapidly growing and highly esteemed media, PR, and rating firm in Africa, speak volumes about his dedication to creating relevant and diverse content for the global market.
Additionally, he has played a pivotal role in co-founding other impactful initiatives, such as the Africa Youth Awards (founded in 2014) and influential rankings like the annual list of 100 Most Influential African Women & 100 Most Influential Young Africans.
With close to a decade of experience in managing high-impact campaigns and events, Prince Akpah has honed his expertise in public relations, awards, and ratings.
His continuous quest for knowledge and his eagerness to stay abreast of the latest digital tools and innovations have positioned him as a forward-thinking leader in his field and beyond.
Prince’s remarkable achievements have earned him significant recognition, with MIPAD and the United Nations honouring him among the 100 Most Influential People of African Descent in 2019, and Future of Ghana recognizing him as one of the Top 30 Under 30 Pioneers in Ghana in 2018.
Such accolades attest to his exceptional contributions and influence in the realm of media and youth empowerment.
Beyond his professional endeavours, Prince Akpah actively contributes to the Pan-African movement, Africans Rising, where he serves as the Collaboration and Engagement Officer. In this role, he collaborates with fellow young Africans to transform the narrative of the continent positively.
He also takes on the role of engagement coordinator for the African Bitcoin Community, responsible for organizing the Africa Bitcoin Conference, the largest gathering of Bitcoin enthusiasts in the region.
Prince Akpah’s indomitable spirit and unwavering commitment to making a positive impact on the world truly exemplify the essence of Africa’s youth. As he attends SHAPE Africa, he carries with him the aspirations and hopes of his nation and continent, ready to elevate the African flag and inspire fellow young leaders to create lasting change.
This conference promises to be a pivotal moment in the journey towards a future-ready African youth, and Prince Akpah’s active participation will undoubtedly leave a profound impact on the discussions and outcomes of this esteemed event.
Source: Avance Media